The Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, has disclosed that government is receiving briefings from the pandemic Technical Taskforce on limited school re-openings and will make a decision on whether or not schools should reopen in January by December 30th.
The decision to reopen school will be reached after a cabinet meeting.
Kindly Share With The Whatsapp Button Below This Article.
- New JHS and SHS Courses / Curricullum To Be Rolled Out Next Academic Year
- BECE School Placement and How To Do Self Placement
- GES School Reopening: Answers To Frequently Asked Questions And Guidelines
- GES Reschedule Reopening Date – Academic Calendar Revised
- GES SHS Academic Calendar Released
- GNACOPS Private Schools Academic Calendar
- New School Reopening Date And Academic Calendar For Primary, JHS, SHS And Tertiary Schools
Minister Reveals When Schools Will Reopen
Speaking at a Minister’s Press Briefing in Accra, Mr. Oppong Nkrumah made this known with the statement “we know that parents are anxious rightly so. Many of us are parents but schools have to be opened in a careful manner so that we do not have a second wave of infection. The president is just about to take a final decision. He continues to gather both the reports and scenarios. By the 30th when the cabinet is done, a firm decision will be taken.”
The Minister further stated that it is imperative for Ghanaians to follow all safety protocols during the holiday season to avoid further spread. He made this known with the statement:
“We are going to have a lot of social activities. Weddings, churches, the places of worship are also going to be full. We advise that safety protocols are adhered to, social distancing, washing of hands, we must wear our masks all the time, provide safe and running water, etc.”