The Conference of Heads of Assisted Senior Secondary Schools (CHASS) are pushing for schools across the country to reopen within January.
- New School Reopening Date And Academic Calendar for JHS, SHS & University Students
- New School Reopening Directives Given By The Minister of Education
- Full School Reopening Date for JHS, SHS & University Final Year Students
- GES To Revise Academic Timetable After COVID-19 Pandemic : Full Details Here
- Government Launches Online Scholarship Application System : How To Apply
New Updates On The Reopening Of Schools In Ghana
The National President of CHASS, Alhaji Yakubu Abubakar, told Citi News that January would be an appropriate time for schools to start. This was made known with the statement:
“We are thinking that anywhere between the third week and the end of January will be a good time for schools to reopen,”
Schools were shut down in March as part of efforts to stop the spread of the pandemic in Ghana.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on December 30th, met cabinet to decide on the possible reopening of schools in early next year.
Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah also disclosed in a tweet that government has been in discussions with various stakeholders within the sector to come up with a comprehensive and detailed plan on the reopening of schools.
The cabinet meeting was therefore to finalize the reopening of schools. There has however been counter concerns about a possible spike in the virus figures if schools are reopened.
Avenuegh.com will keep you updated when the official report on the cabinet meeting on reopening of schools is officially released.