Here is the currently ongoing Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES) Ghana recruitment 2020. The Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES) Ghana has officially opened its 2020 recruitment vacancies as stated below.
About Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES) Ghana
The Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO at the forefront of youth development policy, practice, and research in Ghana. For more than 15 years, we have provided tailored skills training for youth, leading to improvements in their leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and life planning skills. Through our service delivery, we have provided education, skills training, and technical support to thousands of youth and helped them transition to self and wage employment. Our research has contributed to filling the gap in youth data and the evidence base for public policy. And, we continue to use our national appeal and grassroots constituency, through our Voices of Youth Coalition, to advocate and campaign for youth-inclusive policies at all levels. We are entering an exciting phase of growth at YES-Ghana and are looking for new people to help take us forward.
Recruitment Of Soft Skills Trainer At Youth Empowerment Synergy, YES Ghana
As a Part-Time Soft Skills Trainer, you will deliver training and coaching to a diverse group of young people who want to develop critical employability skills. This will require you to deploy a comprehensive curriculum covering entrepreneurship, financial literacy, life skills, and work readiness. Your day-to-day tasks will include supporting, training, and guiding young people, including youth from deprived communities with little or no education, and young people with disabilities or other special needs. Your role will require patience, understanding, and adaptability to meet youth participants’ individual needs in order to ensure that person-centered approach. On top of your demonstrated experience in doing this kind of work, you will benefit from one-week training of trainers by our master trainers. If you are passionate about youth innovation, believe in the potential of social innovation, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and creative organisation, then we would love to hear from you.
The duties and responsibilities of the Part-Time Soft Skills Trainers are as follows:
Training of Trainers
● Take part in one-week training of trainers’ workshop to familiarize with YES-Ghana’s
dedicated integrated Soft Skills Curriculum.
● Review and prepare all training materials ahead of each training session.
● Arrange classrooms and outdoor training spaces ready for session delivery, ensuring all
training spaces are sufficiently risk assessed and fit-for-purpose.
Session Delivery and Learning Support
● Lead on the successful delivery of training sessions, to include the coordination and
facilitation of both group-based activities and individual tasks.
● Provide targeted support to youth participants to start and work through tasks set with
assistance from a training support volunteer.
● Successfully manage behaviour during session delivery, working within a robust Code of
● Escalate any participant behavioural concerns to the YES-Ghana team when necessary.
Monitoring and Evaluation
● Monitor and record participant attendance and maintain other project records as required.
● Implement youth-centred participant pre-training and post-training assessments and
course feedback processes.
● Provide inputs into consortium-wide training quality assessments and performance
● Facilitate planned visits and presentations to training centres from other PASEWAY
partner organisations as and when required.
Preference will be given to those candidates who live in the specified
metropolis or municipal/district assemblies.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
YES-Ghana invites applications from candidates able to demonstrate the following
experience, skills, and values:
● Extensive experience in the design, delivery, and facilitation of training for diverse youth audiences in Ghana at the local, regional, and national levels.
● Experience in delivering employability skills training to young people
- Experience of using creative training methods such as forum theatre, role play, and
graphic facilitation would be highly desired.
● Experience working with disengaged/unemployed youth
● Experience of effective engagement with youth people in a group/training setting
● Experience in using participatory and activity-based training methods to deliver training and assessment activities in youth training programme
● Extensive knowledge of the local operating environment and a track record of engaging youth in mobilisation activities within the stated municipality/assembly highly preferred.
● Experience in the planning, facilitation and evaluation of training processes using
● Strong administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy in all aspects of paperwork under highly compliant contracts
● High degree of motivation, initiative and time management skills
● Fluency in English, Twi and Ga.
● Ability to work independently and use initiative.
● Ability to work within a Training framework.
● Strategies for working within a gender-sensitive framework.
● A track record of successfully engaging young women in training highly desired.
● A flexible approach to work – the ability to work at evenings and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).
● Demonstrated passion for working with youth.
● Interest in youth development in Ghana, especially mobilisation of marginalised youth in disadvantaged communities.
● Commitment to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
● Ability to work to high ethical standards and to uphold YES-Ghana’s guiding values and
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their current CV and cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4)
- Clearly Outline your motivation for applying and how you meet each of the requirements listed for this role
- Forward your application to the following email: [email protected].
- The subject of the email should be by the following format: PART-TIME SOFT SKILLS TRAINER – Name of Metropolis/Municipal Assembly
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday 19th June 2020.