Below is How To Get A New Driving License In Ghana. To get your drivers license, you have to pass both the theory and practical exams issued by DVLA. This is available to both new drivers and experienced drivers who require a driving license.
All who apply for the DVLA driving license for the first time are required by the DVLA regulations to first apply for the Learners Drivers License after which the actual Drivers License would be issued.
Experienced drivers or those who previously owned drivers licenses issued by DVLA, do not have go through this process.
You can share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- DVLA Online Portal: Sign In, Register, Renew Drivers License And Cars
- How To Renew Your Drivers License Online In Ghana
- How To Upgrade Your Drivers License Online In Ghana
- DVLA Driving Test Questions and Answers
- How To Register Your Vehicle, Car
- How To Register And Sign In On the DVLA Online Portal
- DVLA Head Office Direction, Contact Details, Regional Office
Learner Drivers License
To get a new driving license, you must first be issued A Learner Drivers License. According to procedure, A Learner Driver’s Licence has to be acquired for a period of three (3) months before you can apply for the actual licence.
Requirements For Getting A New Driving License In Ghana
- Your Physical at any DVLA office nationwide
- You must be Minimum of 18 years of age
- You must have a Basic education (BECE) or Adult Education, Ability to read and write
- Passport Pictures
New Drivers License Cost In Ghana
- The cost of a new driving license is GH¢257
Types Of Driving License / Classes Of Driving License in Ghana
The following are the 6 types or classes of driving license in Ghana :
- Class A – A Class A driving License is for Drivers who drive Motorcycles.
- Class B – A Class B driving License Is for Drivers who can drive minibuses, pick up vehicles that contain 1-15 passengers.
- Class C – A Class C driving License Is for drivers who can drive buses with moderate goods. The vehicle Must contain not between 1-45 passengers.
- Class D – A Class D driving License is for Drivers who Drive coaches and heavy duty vehicles and buses, the vehicle must contain 1-65 passengers.
- Class E – A Class driving E License is for those who drive industrial equipment like harvesters, bulldozers, forklifts etc.
- Class F – A Class F driving License is for Drivers who can drive heavy carrying vehicles like articulators etc.
How To Get A New Drivers License In Ghana
- First Purchase and complete Forms F and F1 from the DVLA
- You will then undergo a Physical examination and eye test
- You will be issued a Learner Driver’s Permit, L-Plate, Syllabus and Highway Code after Payment
- You will undergo a Compulsory 48-hour training with a DVLA accredited driving school
- Afterwards your biometric information will Captured and you will be scheduled for written test which takes the following forms: Written exams (Computer-Based Test)
- You will then undergo Oral examination,
- Then You will undergo In- Traffic Test
- You will then make payment of the Driver’s License and P-Plate fees
- Your Driver’s License will be Captured
- You will then Issuance of Temporary Driver’s License and P-Plate
- Afterwards you will be Issued the actual Driver’s License
How To Register / Apply For A Drivers License On the Online DVLA Portal
- To Register For A Drivers License on the DVLA Online Portal, first Sign In To the DVLA Online Portal at: online.dvla.gov.gh/sign_in
- Then enter the Username and Password you created during the account registration process above
- Afterwards click the sign in button
- You will be successfully sign in to the DVLA Online Portal
- You can now access the DVLA online service that allows you to Register For A Drivers.
How Long Does It Take To Get A New Driving License In Ghana
- After going through the stated procedures you are going to have your driving licence processed within time.
- You will receive your new drivers license within month to three months
How Long Does Is A New Driving License Valid In Ghana
- Depending on the type of license, a driving license can be valid for two years or more from the date it was issued.
Cost Of Drivers License In Ghana
According to the new tariffs. Note that these fees are subject to downward or upward review
- A new driving license cost GH¢257
- Replacement of an expired license (Renewal) cost GH¢155;
- License upgrade cost GH¢345;
- Replacement of lost driving license cost GH¢205
- Conversion of a foreign driving license will cost GH¢445.
- The cost of a learner’s permit is GHC 160,
- road sign test is GHC 50 and the driving test is also GHC 50.