Here is How To Link A Bank Account To Your MTN Mobile Money Wallet. MTN mobile money is one of the mobile money platforms introduced a few years ago. And it has greatly changed how Ghanaians send, manage and receive money.
Becoming part of our daily lives, this mobile money service has come to make our lives very easy, facilitating the sending and receiving of money, paying of school fees and bills, airtime top up and many more.
About How To Link A Bank Account To Your MTN Mobile Money Wallet
When mobile money was first introduced, it provided only the sending and receiving of money. But as time goes on, it was made in a way that we are now able to transact from our wallets to our banks and vice versa.
Literally, this feature has facilitated the banking activities in such a way that we make transactions and other banking activities without visiting the bank.
This helps to save a lot of time and energy since it gives us the chance to conduct withdrawals or deposits even if we are very busy.
This explains the importance of having your mobile money account linked to your bank account to facilitate the circulation of your money right in your own hands.
How To Link Your Bank Account To Your Mobile Money Wallet
- First visit your bank and request the service of linking your Mobile Money wallet to your Bank Account.
- Your bank account number, your mobile money number, your full name and some details about you will be requested of you. Then the person in charge will start working on it.
- Within a few minutes, you will be notified that your mobile money wallet has been linked to your bank account number.
- Next, you need to enter in your pin to confirm.
- From there, your bank account will be linked to your mobile money wallet.
Once you are set, access your bank account by dialling the bank’s unique short code.
How To Send Money From Your MTN Mobile Money To Your Bank Account?
You can now make transactions with your bank after successfully linking your mobile money wallet to your bank account.
Below are the outlined stops to guide you on how to do this.
- Dial *170#
- Select the 5th option (Financial Services)
- Type in 1: Bank Service
- Next, Enter 1: Transfer To Bank
- After, select the bank you have linked your mobile money account to.
- Your account numbers with your name will appear (that is if you have linked more than 1 account).
- You will then have to select the account you want to transfer the money to.
- Enter number 1 if you have linked only one bank account.
- State the amount you want to transfer to your bank.
- A prompt will appear with the transaction details. Double check the transaction details and reply to the prompt with your PIN to authorize the transaction.
After going through the last step, your money should be successfully transferred into your bank account.
Mobile money has come to stay and we are all using this service to facilitate the on-coming cashless economy which will make our lives a lot easier and better. In this article, we went through how to link your bank account to your mobile money wallet.