Below are the modalities for the Ghana Card sim re-registration exercise as well requirements, verification and registration procedures for the telecommunications networks.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
About Ghana Card SIM Registration
- The Ghana Card SIM registration exercise is to put a stop to the increasing incidents of fraud as well as monitor and track down persons who use their phones for criminal activities.
- The Ghana Card SIM registration is also to assist government to know the accurate number of valid and accurate SIMs on the networks and to enable the National Communications Authority, to gain access to accurate data to regulate activities of the telecommunications sector as well as allow Ghana Card to build better demographics of the Ghana Card customer base.
- The Ghana Card SIM Registration will give comprehensive statistics about a number of Ghana Card subscribers in Ghana and provide a resource for tracking fraudsters and criminals.
Ghana Card SIM Registration Date & Schedule
- The Ghana Card SIM registration exercise begins on October 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022
- The Ghana Card SIM re registration exercise is to be conducted within six months
- Any sim card which is not registered at the end of this exercise will be blocked.
Ghana Card SIM Registration Requirements
- The minimum age for registration of Ghana Card SIM is 15 years to enable JHS pupils register SIM to enhance their education.
- All new and old SIM subscribers will have to produce A Citizen Ghana card for Ghanaians or Non-Citizen Ghana Card for foreigners to acquire a new SIM card.
- For Businesses such as MTN SIM vendors to register sims in bulk, the Operators will be required to verify the Business Registration documents with the Registrar General’s Department and verify the identity of the Shareholder or the Director for Limited Liability Companies and Public Institutions respectively.
How To Register SIM Card With Ghana Card
All Existing subscribers will have to register their Ghana Card SIMS through USSD short code *404# . Ghana Card SIM owners can also use the sim registration App on google play store or apple store
- Frist Dial the Ghana Card SIM Registration short code *404#
- Then Enter Your Ghana Card Pin (letters and figures without hyphens)
- Then Confirm Ghana Card Pin
- Afterwards Enter Your Surname
- Then Enter Your First Name(s)
- Then Enter Date of Birth (Format: DDMMYYYY)
- Then Enter Select Sex (Male or Female)
- Afterwards Confirm the Details entered and click Submit
- A unique code will be generated for you
- The last process is for you to visit any Ghana Card Office near you with the unique code to complete the registration process. You can as well contact the Ghana Card customer care to complete this process.
Ghana Card SIM Verification Procedures
The NCA has developed mechanisms to enable Ghana Card subscribers (individuals and Businesses) to check and verify all SIM Cards which have been registered in their names at all times.
To verify your Ghana Card SIM Registration Status
- Fist Dial the Ghana Card SIM Registration short code *404#
- Then Enter Your Phone number and Ghana Card Pin (letters and figures without hyphens)
- Then Confirm Ghana Card Pin
- Your Ghana Card sim registration status will be displayed to you
Ghana Card SIM Registration Limits
- Ghana Card users can register a total number of 10 SIM Cards across all networks and Foreigners have a limit of 3 SIM Cards across all networks.
- Registered Ghana Card SIM Cards of Businesses will be linked to a Shareholder or Director of the Business and if a Business Ghana Card SIM Card is found to have been engaged in a fraudulent activity, the Shareholder or Director will be held liable.
Ghana Card SIM Registration For Foreigners
- Foreigners visiting Ghana can acquire an Ghana Card SIM Card using their Passports however they can only use the SIM Card for 30 days after which it will be deactivated.
- Foreigners who want to use a Ghana Card SIM Card for more than 30 days will have to obtain the Non-Citizen Ghana Card to do so.
Ghana Card Registration Procedures
- You must first dial the official Ghana Card SIM Registration short code and provide your personal and sim details on the USSD application to proceed with the registration.
Ghana Card SIM Registration Short Code 2021/2022/2023, SIM Registration Short Code, SIM Registration Update, MTN SIM registration portal, MTN Ghana SIM registration update, Vodafone SIM registration portal, AirtelTigo SIM registration portal, Glo SIM registration portal, How to check MTN SIM registration details, How to check Vodafone SIM registration details, How to check AirtelTigo SIM registration details, How to check Glo SIM registration details, Code for Vodafone SIM registration, Code for AirtelTigo SIM registration, Code for Glo SIM registration, SIM Re-Registration Short Code, SIM Registration Procedures, How to register my SIM Card on MTN, How to register my SIM Card on Vodafone, How to register my SIM Card on AirtelTigo, How to register my SIM Card on Glo Online, How to register your MTN SIM by yourself, How to register your Vodafone SIM by yourself, How to register your AirtelTigo SIM by yourself, How to register your Glo SIM by yourself, How to check my MTN SIM registration details online, How to check my Glo SIM registration details online, How to check my Vodafone SIM registration details online, How to check my AirtelTigo SIM registration details online, SIM registration app