Below are the modalities for the sim re-registration exercise as well as date, schedule, requirements, verification and registration procedures for telecommunications networks such as MTN, Vodafone, Airtel Tigo, Glo etc.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
SIM Registration About
- The SIM re-registration exercise is to put a stop to the increasing incidents of fraud as well as monitor and track down persons who use their phones for criminal activities.
- This is also to assist government to know the accurate number of valid and accurate SIMs on the networks, to enable the National Communications Authority, to gain access to accurate data to regulate activities of the telecommunications sector as well as allow telecommunications operators to build better demographics of their customer base.
- The SIM Registration will give comprehensive statistics about a number of subscribers in Ghana and provide a resource for tracking fraudsters and criminals.
SIM Registration Date & Schedule
- The SIM registration exercise is begins on October 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022
- The SIM re registration the exercise which is to be conducted within six months
- Any sim which is not registered at the end of this exercise will be blocked.
SIM Registration Requirements
- The minimum age for registration of SIM is 15 years to enable JHS pupils register SIM to enhance their education.
- All new new and old subscribers will have to produce A Citizen Ghana card for Ghanaians or Non-Citizen Ghana Card for foreigners to acquire a new SIM card.
- For Businesses such as SIM vendors to register sims in bulk, the Operators will be required to verify the Business Registration documents with the Registrar General’s Department and verify the identity of the Shareholder or the Director for Limited Liability Companies and Public Institutions respectively.
How To Register Your SIM Card
- All Existing subscribers will have to register their SIMS through USSD short code to be provided from first October
- Existing SIM owners can also use the sim registration App on google play store or apple store to be provided from first October
SIM Verification Procedures
- The NCA will develop mechanisms to enable subscribers (individuals and Businesses) to check and verify all SIM Cards which have been registered in their names at all times.
- 3. The verification of all subscribers and businesses will be against the databases of the National Identification Authority and the Registrar General’s Department where necessary.
- Indeed, for the Businesses, in addition to verifying from the Registrar General’s Department that that Business is valid, a shareholder or director of the organisation will have to personally be linked to the registration of the SIMs.
SIM Registration Limits
- You can register a total number of 10 SIM Cards across all networks and Foreigners will have a limit of 3 SIM Cards across all networks.
- Registered SIM Cards of Businesses will be linked to a Shareholder or Director of the Business and if a Business SIM Card is found to have been engaged in a fraudulent activity, the Shareholder or Director will be held liable.
SIM Registration For Foreigners
- Foreigners visiting Ghana can acquire a SIM Card using their Passports however they can only use the SIM Card for 30 days after which it will be deactivated.
- Foreigners who want to use a SIM Card for more than 30 days will have to obtain the Non-Citizen Ghana Card to do so.
- You must first dial the official short code and provide your personal and sim details on the USSD application to proceed with the registration.
- Detailed registration procedures will be provided here when the short code is launched on 1st October
SIM Registration Short Code, SIM Registration Update, MTN SIM registration portal, MTN Ghana SIM registration update, Vodafone SIM registration portal, AirtelTigo SIM registration portal, Glo SIM registration portal, How to check MTN SIM registration details, How to check Vodafone SIM registration details, How to check AirtelTigo SIM registration details, How to check Glo SIM registration details, Code for Vodafone SIM registration, Code for AirtelTigo SIM registration, Code for Glo SIM registration, SIM Re-Registration Short Code, SIM Registration Procedures, How to register my SIM Card on MTN, How to register my SIM Card on Vodafone, How to register my SIM Card on AirtelTigo, How to register my SIM Card on Glo Online, How to register your MTN SIM by yourself, How to register your Vodafone SIM by yourself, How to register your AirtelTigo SIM by yourself, How to register your Glo SIM by yourself, How to check my MTN SIM registration details online, How to check my Glo SIM registration details online, How to check my Vodafone SIM registration details online, How to check my AirtelTigo SIM registration details online, SIM registration app