Here is How To Reverse MTN Mobile Money Transactions. Literally, the bringing about of MTN Mobile Money and other mobile money platforms has in many ways, affected our lives.
Irrespective of your location, one can send and receive money to you without having to travel to and from banks.
Even though this technology has come to smoothen our lives, it also has disadvantages and complications as well. One of which it is possible to send money to a wrong recipient.
This isn’t a death sentence. Or this doesn’t mean all hope is gone. These Mobile Money services providers provided solutions to such situations.
And this is what this article is all about; helping you reverse any unintended transaction on MTN Mobile Money wallet. These are the steps to help your reverse any of these transactions:
- How To Get Mobile Money Loans In Ghana; GHS 1,000 In 1 Minute
- Comparing G-Money With Mobile Money In Ghana; Who Wins?
- How To Send Mobile Money From The USA To Ghana Using SendWave
- Mobile Money Interoperability: What It Means And What You Should Know
- How To Transfer Money From MTN MoMo To Vodafone, Airtel Or Tigo Cash & Back
Informing The MTN Ghana Customer Care
The moment you realized you did a wrong transaction (in the case of sending money to a wrong person) on your MTN Mobile Money account, you may have to call and inform the MTN Customer care to undo the transaction.
These are the following steps you need to undertake if this situation arises.
- Dial the MTN Customer Care number (100) within the first 10 days after you made the transaction.
- Select your preferred language
- Select the Mobile Money option
- Select the Wrongful Mobile Money Transaction option
- Next, select ‘Speak to an Agent’ option
- After you are connected with an agent, describe your situation to the agent.
- Make mention of the original account you intended transfering the money.
- State the wallet or account you mistakenly sent the money to.
- Mention the exact amount transfered.
After going through these steps, your situation will be resolved and a reversal message would be sent to the person within 15 days. You should have your money back in your wallet once the person authorizes the reversal.
The ‘Person To Person’ Reversal Method
You may as well try the Person to Person reversal method in case the initial didn’t work out. Or you have a hard time explaining yourself to the MTN agent.
In case of this type of reversal, it is more about luck and how well you can have the person reverse the money.
Don’t be so worried. The following steps will guide you out to successfully have the person reverse your money.
- From the transaction message, get the number you wrongly transferred the money to.
- Confront the person through a call and explain to them exactly what happened.
- Play a very calm game to avoid any suspicions of fraud.
- Ask them to verify your explanation by checking out for the transaction message as well as their accounts.
- Kindly ask them in a polite manner to send back your money to your account. You can motivate them by offering to tip them off from the total amount as an appreciation.
Taking out these steps very carefully could result in the person sending back your money as soon as they confirm that the money has been sent to their accounts mistakenly.
To prevent any of this situation in the first place, the best thing you can do is to double check the recipient’s number and name before finalizing the transaction.
Though this article may sound very smooth and easy, one thing you should know is that receiving your money back mainly depends on the recipient.
If the recipient is not someone of honour or a trustworthy person, they may withdraw the money and keep rejecting your calls.
So you have to be very careful when sending money out.
Kindly share this article with friends and family.