Here is How To Send Mobile Money From The USA To Ghana Using SendWave. Most Ghanaians live in the Diaspora especially in countries like the United States Of America.
One thing about most of these people is that they have families and friends back in Ghana whom they often send money to.
Yet, the most dominant money transfer channel in Ghana is the Mobile Money System. Which brings us to the question of ‘How one can send money from the USA to Ghana through Mobile Money.
If you have relatives in the US or you work for people there, then you will have to start thinking of how your payment can be made successfully to you.
Yet in this article, you shall be served with whatever answer you need to any of these questions.
- How To Check and Pay Ghana Water Bill Online Using Mobile Money
- How To Get Mobile Money Loans In Ghana; GHS 1,000 In 1 Minute
- Comparing G-Money With Mobile Money In Ghana; Who Wins?
- Mobile Money Interoperability: What It Means And What You Should Know
- How To Transfer Money From MTN MoMo To Vodafone, Airtel Or Tigo Cash & Back
Introducing the Usage of Sendwave
With Sendwave, you can receive money from countries such as Canada, France, US, Span etc to Mobile wallets in Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Senegal etc.
In order to be part of the Sendwave society, follow the steps below.
Signing Up For A Sendwave Account
Sendwave App is available on both Apple App Store or Google PlayStore. Therefore,
- Download the Sendwave App from any of your respective app stores to get started.
- Next, sign up for an account by providing your name, your email address, your phone number, your password and your debit card details as linked with your debit account.
How to Send Funds from the USA to Ghana using SendWave
Once your account is set up, then you are good to go! You can now begin sending money to your Ghanaian relatives. Just follow the outlines below to make it happen.
- Login to your account.
- Choose the ‘Send Money’ option
- From the list of countries provided, choose ‘Ghana’
- Select your means of transaction (be it MTN Mobile Money or AirtelTigo Cash)
- Enter the phone number of your relative
- Enter the preferred amount to be sent (in Dollars)
- The amount would be converted into cedis for you.
- Confirm the transfer by checking the recipient’s number and name.
- The transaction uses just a few seconds to reflect in the recipient’s wallet in Ghana.
- They can withdraw from any mobile money agent.
Talking of transaction rates, Sendwave is one money sending platform that does not charge direct fees. This implies that your recipients receive the exact amount you issued into their wallets.
They however make their money through the process called tweaking the exchange rate. That is if the mid-market rate of USD to GHC is 5.50, Wave may actually use a rate of 5.70 or 5.80
Sending and Removing Limits
Concerning security and policy reasons as any other banking and finance companies and applications, Send wave also has its limitation on initial transfers.
This means that for new users, they can send up to $999 or E 999 per day and $2999 per month.
These limits can however be extended to $2,500 per day and $12,000 per month.
To achieve this though, you will have to go through the following steps:
- In your Sendwave app, go to settings
- Select the ‘Raise Limits’ options.
- Upload the image of your official government Identity card (eg. Passport, ID Card, Drivers’ License)
- Your limits would be extended automatically once your card is approved.
Over the years, money sending and receiving from the US to other foreign countries has been a problem over the years.
The gradual introduction of newer transaction methods has however, made it possible for most individuals and businesses in the world. Ensuring much ease in the transfer of money.
With Sendwave especially, receiving money from North America and some parts of Europe in Africa has become very easy and exciting.
You should use this application on your next transaction. If you have any other alternatives or questions regarding this post, kindly indicate them in the comment box below.