The Ghana Library Authority has launched the ‘National Short Story Writing Challenge’ to curate more short stories by young people and make it available for its wider audience through the Ghana Library App. National Short Story Writing Challenge is an open subject story writing contest for children from nine to 18 years.
Kindly share this article to inform others. There is a whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section Or join our Students Group For Enquiries and Updates. Here is the Group: >>> Icampusgh And Tertiary Admission Forum <<
- GES Advised To Use Continuous Assessment To Award 2020 BECE And WASSCE Certificate: Full Details
- KNUST ‘Rejects’ Entrance Exams For Admission
- How To Access The GES Ghana Learning Television Channel On Your Phone
Scope And Purpose Of The Writing Competition For Primary, JHS, SHS, All Kids Between 9 And 18 Years
This forms part of measures to stimulate the minds of young people and to optimize responsible use of time during the stay-at-home efforts of government to fight the spread of Covid-19.
Contestants are not limited to particular subjects and can therefore choose to write about any topic of their interest.
Speaking at the launch, the Executive Director of the Ghana Library Authority explained with the following statements:
“We all know the crisis the whole world is facing as a result of the COVID -19 pandemic.
“Schools, public libraries and other places which will intellectually engage children have all been shut down. Therefore, we are launching this challenge to encourage young writers and to intellectually engage them at home.”
“A lot of Ghanaian children are very imaginative and you will be amazed at how a nine-year-old will write in a very creative way. You may even think it was written by a professional adult writer.”
“The interesting part is, winning stories will be published on the Ghana Library App so this basically means that we are encouraging children to write for children”, he added.
The National Short Story Writing Challenge seeks to inspire young writers nationwide to showcase their creative and critical thinking skills.
Nature Of The Writing Competition And Cash Prices To Be Won
Selected applicants will be divided into two age groups; Junior Group will comprise applicants from nine to 12 years while the Senior Group will comprise applicants from 13 to 18 years.
The winners of each group and their respective runners up will receive cash prizes. Winners will receive ¢1000, 1st runners- up will receive ¢500 and 2nd runners- up will receive ¢300.
The winners will be ambassadors and also have their stories published on the Ghana Library App.
- To begin the Registration first visit www.ghanalibrary.org/shortstorychallenge
- fill the application form and click on the “Upload” button to upload your entry (Typed Essay).
- The entry (Typed Essay) must be a Word document (MS Word) or Portable Document Format (PDF) file and not more than 1500 words in Arial font.
Closing Date For Submission
Closing date for entry is May 10, and all entries must be submitted before 5 pm GMT on the closing date of the competition. Entry is free.
You can join our Telegram Group For Teachers And Students, Admission Related Info And Enquiries. Here is the Group: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Education Discussion Forum <<
You can also join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<
If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
Kindly share this article with those that might need it. There is a whatsapp share button below this article.
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- GES Boss Speaks About SHS Reopening Date, BECE, E-learning etc :...
- About 27,000 Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff To Be Recruited In 2...
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2019 / 2020 Released ; How...