Here is How To Transfer Money From MTN MoMo To Vodafone, Airtel Or Tigo Cash & Back. Just recently, the Mobile Money Interoperability system has been introduced by the Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems (GhIPSS). This is just to improve the mobile money platform by ensuring a cross-network mobile money transactions.
This basically implies that money transfers can occur between different networks without the involvement of third-party applications.
All networks except Glo are currently using the Mobile Money Interoperability system. This brings us to the fact that we need not an agent to transfer funds between these networks.
Before this system was introduced, there was the need of using services like Move, AlexPay, Korba, etc to facilitate inter-network transfers.
Though the MMI has different interfaces depending on which network you are using, it always results in the same objective.
Let’s take a look at all the steps:
Sending Money From MTN Mobile Money to Vodafone Cash, Airtel Cash and Tigo Cash
- Dial the *170# short code. This is the MTN Mobile Money code.
- Choose Option 1 (Transfer Money) and send.
- Then select Option 5 (Other Networks)
- Select the option associated to with the Network you want to transfer money to
- Enter the recipient’s phone number
- On the next screen, confirm the phone number
- Indicate the Amount you wish to send
- Enter transaction Reference
- Finally, enter your Mobile Money PIN to confirm
Vodafone Cash to any other Platform
- Dial the Vodafone Cash short code. Which is *110#
- Choose the Send Money option
- Select Other Networks
- Choose the Network of the Recipient – MTN or AirtelTigo
- Enter the phone number of the recipient
- State the amount you prefer to sent
- Confirm transaction details.
- Authorize the transaction by entering your Vodafone Cash pin
Airtel or Tigo Cash to Other Platforms
- Get started by dialing *500# (Airtel Subscribers) or *110# (Tigo Subscribers)
- Select the Send Money option
- Next, select ‘Other Networks’ option
- After, choose the Recipient’s Network – (MTN or Vodafone)
- Enter the recipient’s phone number in full
- State the amount you prefer to transfer
- Confirm transaction details
- Enter your Pin to complete the transaction
Kindly note that the charges for transfer of cash between networks are higher than when transferring on the same network.
Here is a table detailing the cost of sending money via Mobile Money Interoperability:
|GHS 1 – GHS 50||GHS 0.75||Flat Fee|
|< GHS 50 – GHS 1,000||1.5%||1.5% of Value|
|< GHS 1,000 – GHS 5,000||GHS 15||Flat Fee|