The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) has From Monday, 28th June, begun replacing the unique scheme identification numbers of contributors with the Ghana Card identification numbers.
You will have to meet the stated requirements before you can register: Click Here To Check SSNIT Number To Ghana Card Linking Requirements
About SSNIT Number To Ghana Card Linking / Merge
- The process of merging SSNIT Number To Ghana Card will continue until December 31, this year.
- From January 1st SSNIT contributors will no longer use their scheme numbers but will transact all businesses with SSNIT using their Ghana Card.
- This is to improve the ease of doing business, and create the convenience of using only one card for all transactions.
- This transition realizes the country’s quest to improve the ease of doing business with the Trust.
Why You Should Merge Your SSNIT And Nia Numbers
The following are the reasons why you should merge your SSNIT and NIA number;
- You save the stress of carrying many national IDs everywhere you go. Mergers have to carry your Ghana Card for all transactions.
- This will help in the easy identification of nominated dependents.
- You will save money as there is no payment for SSNIT cards. Lastly, it is a legal requirement.
SSNIT Number To Ghana Card Linking Requirements
How To Link SSNIT Number To Ghana Card
- First Dial *711*9# on your mobile phone
- Then Select option 1
- Afterwards Enter your SSNIT number
- Then Enter your Ghana Card number without the hyphen and press send (E.g. GHA870000005)
- Then Select option 1 to finalize the merging of your SSNIT number and Ghana Card (NIA) Number
- Afterwards Wait for a confirmation message
- Finally, A message will be sent to your email confirming the success of the merger.
However, a message will be received when there’s an error in the merging process.