Here is a complete post Ghana National Service registration guide. It contains all you need to do after your national service registration such as check placement, how to print your appointment letter and schedule appointment for your subsequent biometric validation.
At this point you have already done the national service online registration and you are awaiting placement. If you have not, check this article : Ultimate Ghana National Service Online Registration Guide . If you would like to be posted to your institution of choice for national service, check this guide: Posting To Preferred Institution Without Paying.
Check For National Service Placement After Registration
To check your national service placement after registration, as a prospective service personnel you would have to wait till placements are out officially. It would be communicated through their their website. The 2018/2019 service year registration was opened around September. You can still check regardless, just that the response would be record not found, don’t panic when you see this.
- Go to portal.nss.gov.gh and click on check posting
- You would see a page like the one below. Just enter your national service number and your posting detail would be shown.
- Your posting detail would look something like this. And there would be an option to print it or save it as a pdf. The details contain your national service number, name , institution attended, course of study, qualification, place of posting, year of enrollment, and remarks showing the status of your appointment.
If postings are not out you would see record not found. After postings are out, if you still see record not found, wait for a day or two, it will be added by then. If you still see record not found after a day or two contact your head of department in your school to resolve it.
How To Print Your Appointment Letter And What To Do Next
At this point you have successfully checked your placement. If you have not follow this guide How To Check For Placement As A Prospective NSS Personel.
Now that you know the institution you are going to work with. You would have to print your appointment letter and send it to your institution for approval. The option to print the appointment letter would be in the placement page. The question now is what next after knowing your placement. Here is what to do.
- After printing the four page appointment letter, proceed to the institution you have been posted to. With two copies, for endorsement by an appropriate person. This could be the head of institution or head of human resource. Note that the endorsement is to be done on the third page that looks like this. It should be signed and stamped not just signed. They are to keep one and give you one.
- After the endorsement, schedule an appointment for regional validation and acceptance on the national service website. Here is how: How To Schedule Appointment For NSS Validation. You are to print the appointment form and take it along to your national service regional office when the time arrives. After booking appointment the page to print the scheduled appointment form would look like this.
- When the appointment date arrives go there as early as possible. Forget your time slot. It is a first come first served queue, there would be a lot of people there and if the closing time reaches you would have to go and come the next day, no matter where you are from. You are to go there with the endorsed appointment letter and an id card. Note that when your printed appointment letter does not contain the barcode, it is not valid. The barcode would be scanned at the validation center to authenticate it.
- After a successful validation you would be given a different appoint appointment letter with the Regional Acceptance Number (RAN) on it. Three copies would be given to you at the validation center after validation. You are to take one back to the institution that endorsed your first appointment letter, thus where you are going to work. You are to keep one and send one to your national service district office. But upon reaching the national service district office you might be told they are not collecting appointment letters so keep it.
- After validation there comes biometric registration. You would have to go back to your regional office for this process. Your finger prints will be scanned and they will snap your face unto their system. Ideally this should have been combined with the validation process. But this is Ghana. This would lead to a lot of chaos and protocol registrations, you could be in a queue for over eight hours and still not be attended to. You would have to go home and come the next day. The purpose of the booking was to avoid this but it still happens. Best thing to do is go there before seven o’clock or forget it. People go there earlier than that. Another thing you can do is to relax, this process would go on for weeks. You can wait when the congestion comes down then you go.
- After the biometric registration and days into your service you would be required to login to your dashboard. There would be an option to enter your ezwitch card details. When the time is due it would be communicated to you through their website or the appropriate platforms.
- You would be required to print your evaluation form getting to the middle of every month and have it endorsed by your supervisor in your institution and submit it before 15th of every month before you are paid. Good Luck On Your Service To The Nation.
Schedule Appointment For National Service Validation After Registration And Placement
- Go to portal.nss.gov.gh , at the right top corner click or hover over the sign in button and click sign in as personnel. Or just go to portal.nss.gov.gh/sign-in.
- You would have to enter the email you used for the online registration as username, your default password is your pincode. If you have forgotten your pincode, check the sms you received when you made payment or the registration form you printed. If you have still forgotten it, go to portal.nss.gov.gh/check-pin enter your nss number and click check pin.
- After you have logged in as a personnel you would see your dashboard. Click on “BOOK APPOINTMENT” to book appointment for regional validation and acceptance.
- Booking appointment is three simple steps.
- Start by selecting your preferred appointment date, then click “find available slot” button below
- then select a a preferred time slot in the time slot available for your chosen date
- and then click “schedule appointment” button to complete your booking.
To view your appointment details anytime just login and click on the “YOUR APPOINTMENT” menu on the left side of the page. At this point you have successfully booked appointment. You are to print the appointment form and take it along to your national service regional office when the time arrives.
If you miss the exact appointment time don’t panic. After booking appointment the page to print the scheduled appointment form would look like this.
At this juncture, you have done your national service registration, checked placement, printed your appointment letter and scheduled appointment for your biometric validation.
Keep in mind that your printed appointment letter will not be accepted at the national service regional office if it does not contain a barcode. The barcode would be scanned at the validation center to authenticate it.
You can be posted to your institution of choice for free. Here is how.
Here is all you need to do after national service registration
How to get your national service certificate delivered to you and how to get a PDF copy of it before it arrives.