Kindly Share With The Whatsapp Button Below This Page, To Inform Others.
- BECE School Placement and How To Do Self Placement
- BECE SHS School Selection And Placement Schedule And Procedures
- GES SHS Selection Register: Full List Of Free SHS Schools For Placement
- BECE / SHS School Placement Approved E-Voucher Vendors
- BECE / SHS Assisted Placement Centers And Redress Mechanism
- Check BECE Placement And Buy E-Voucher Plus All Details
About The BECE Results Aggregate Score For School Placement
The BECE Results Aggregate Score For School Placement is used to grade students based on their academic performance in the BECE. The BECE Results Aggregate Score For School Placement is used by GES place Junior High School (JHS) graduates into Senior High School (SHS).
The Ghana Education Service (GES) uses the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) to place students into different Senior High School (SHS) across in Ghana.
How To Calculate BECE Results for School Placement
Below is How To Calculate BECE Results for School Placement
- From the marking scheme process, you get to know the wrong and right answers per subject.
- Then Count the number of correct answers and note them down.
- Afterwards Divide the correct answers by the total number of questions asked.
- The quotient should be in decimal points or a fraction.
- Then Multiply the quotient by 100% to get a percentage. Note: This calculation is done on the individual subject.
- Then With the percentage in hand, pull out the grading table as prepared using the stanine method or the new flexible 9-scale criterion-referenced grading system and match your raw score, i.e., 60% to the marks on the chart.
- Then Once you have identified its rightful place, you will be able to know its corresponding grade, following the 1 to 9 grading strategy.
BECE Marks and Grades And Their Interpretation
Below are the marks and their grades in BECE.
- 90-100 is graded as 1, GRADE A+.
- 80-89, the second category in this classification is graded as 2, GRADE A.
- 70-79, is grade 3, a B+
- 60 -69 is grade 4, GRADE B,
- 55 – 60 is GRADE C+, classified as 5
- 50-54 is GRADE C; number 6 in the grading system.
- 40-49 is considered as GRADE D+ and number 7;
- 35-39 is GRADE E which is number 8,
- 0-34 GRADE F, 9 characterized by 9
How To Calculate BECE Results
- The BECE results are calculated using the 6 best subjects from your BECE results.
- Which include the 3 best core subjects (Maths, English, Inter-Science or Social) with maths and English are must among the core subjects. You can select from science and social the one which is best for the calculation.
Assuming you had the below results in your BECE exams then below is how to calculate your BECE results;
ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1
SOCIAL STUDIES 2
REL.& MORAL EDUC. 3
INTEGRATED SCIENCE 2
INFO. & COMM.TECH. 1
B.D.T./HOME ECONS. 2
- To obtain your grade, you will take the first best core ( English, Mathematics, and Integrated Science) => 1+1+2 = 4
- Then Look through your results and get 3 best elective subjects ( Info. & Comm. Tech, B.D.T, and Frech) => 1+2+2 = 5
- (English + Mathematics + Integrated Science) + ( Info. & Comm. Tech + B.D.T, + French) => 1+1+2+1+2+2 = 9
- In this case, you have obtained aggregate 9 in the above results.